Unified Command Joint Information Center at (907) 433-3417
Jan. 14, 2013
Unified Command confirmed the following information today:
- The Kulluk remains in stable condition with no reports of a release.
- Data from the completed underwater assessment of the Kulluk continues to be analyzed.
- Unified Command has developed mitigation strategies collaboratively with the Kodiak Crab Alliance Cooperative. This will reduce potential impacts to the fishery during the upcoming crabbing season. Mitigation strategies include the following:
- The Kulluk will remain onsite in the inner Kiliuda Bay until the conclusion of the Tanner Crab fishing season.
- A Marine Coordinator will be onsite to coordinate the movement of response vessels. An update will be provided every four hours to the crab fishermen.
- A claims process has been established for any crab fishermen losses that occur as a result of the Kulluk's presence in Kiliuda Bay during this year's Tanner Crab fishing season.
- Unified Command’s priorities continue to be the safety of all personnel and the environment.
Visit www.KullukResponse.com for more information
Follow @KullukResponse on Twitter
View photos on Flickr at www.flickr.com/photos/KullukResponse
Watch videos on YouTube at www.youtube.com/KullukResponse